Monday, May 16, 2011

Batman Forever Review




I had a privilege of playing Batman Forever on the SNES this weekend, and let me tell you, this game is HORRIBLE! I have never played such a frustrating, confusing, incoherent game in my entire life! I was very anxious to play this game for a long time, and according to reviews of the game I have seen on the internet, the game’s controls were terrible, the effects were cheesy, and the game had many confusing parts. But that didn’t stop me from playing this game. But now that I think about it, I wished I had never played this game. It’s terrible, stay away from it!

I also find this game to be very identical to Mortal Combat. I know the game was made by the same company, Akklaim, but why couldn’t they come up with something new and fresh. Even the controls are quite similar to Mortal Combat. It should be called Mortal ComBat! And the controls themselves can get very stiff at times. I had to push the buttons down so hard, my fingers turned blood red, and yet, it still didn’t work. The thing I also find weird is that you can play as Robin. Who the heck wants to be Robin! All he can do is whack people with his long stick thinger that doesn’t even do much damage. I rather use a pan to fight off those pesky henchmen.

The thing I find most annoying in this game is shooting the grappling hook. You have to push the select button at the exact right time in order for it to work, but if you do it at the right time, you are pretty much screwed. I can tell you how many times I had to do that trick before I got it right. Imagine if in Super Mario Bros, you had to shoot a grappling hook. It would drive you up the wall wouldn’t it? Also, Batman has a very provocative way of shooting the grappling hook, and if you’ve played the game, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

It’s also interesting to note that when you rescue the security guards from the thugs, they do this dramatic pose. I’M THE KING OF THE WORLD! It’s like come on, it’s not a basketball game! The villains are also weird. There guys in flashy suits that look like drug dealer, guys in masks that wield chainsaws, and the 2 core villains, Riddler and Two-Fac,e who look nothing as they did in the movie. The atmosphere in this game is also annoying. It’s so dark and colorless, it’s hard to tell where things are that you need to excel to the next level.

Overall, Batman Forever is a terrible game. I was very disappointed with it and wish I had never played it. If you thought the movie was bad, think again. It’s campy, choppy, and carelessly designed. Why couldn’t it have been made like Batman Returns for the SNES, I don’t know, but all I know is that this game should be avoided at all causes. It’s HORRIFYING!

No comments:

Post a Comment