Thursday, May 19, 2011

Avatar Movie Review

About two years ago, a film was released by director James Cameron, a film that took the box office by storm and currently ranks as the highest grossing movie of all time. I am of course talking about the spectacularly blue sci-fi thriller, Avatar. Now, if you are not a fan of James Cameron films (Alien, Terminator), you may change your mind if you see this film, because this film is just spot on and flawless, and in my opinion, along with The Dark Knight and Star Trek, one of the best movie of these past couple years


The special effects are incredible, especially in 3-D, because they really stand out and make the movie more solid. I also thought the 3-D effects done on the humans was awesome as well. The Na’vi creatures are some of the most realistic looking creatures ever shown on film. I also enjoyed the action sequences in the film. The struggles in the film are very well reflected from the spell-binding action scenes, and really make the film a whole lot of fun. The casting was also something to talk about. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are excellent, and even an old friend from Alien, Sigourney Weaver make an appearance as Dr. Grace Augustine. And Giovanni Ribisi is one bad ass villain in this film. He is very cruel and dark, and really angered me in some parts of the film.

I also thought the world of Pandora was amazingly beautiful. I love the exotic plants of lifeforms present on the world, as well as the Na’vi themselves. They are sort of like tall, blue, Native American cat like people. Some of the technology in this film was really prudent as well, reminding me of something straight out of Star Wars. Overall, Avatar is an amazing film, and up there as one of the best sci-fi thrillers of all time. Maybe if I get around to making a list of my all time favorite science fiction films , I will have this film on the list, because this film is terribly spot-on and worth all the praise it is getting. It’s is cool and exciting and, well.......CHECK IT OUT! I guarantee you, you will like it! If you are a sci-fi buff like I am, you will love this film as much as sliced bread.

1 comment:

  1. This film captivated me like no other. The amount of articles that spawned on the internet saying that this movie had hidden motives (such as portraying slavery or whatever) were complete rubbish and were trying to find a fault in something that, to me, is faultless.

    Nice article - im looking forward to the next installment in the Avatar series.

    ReplyDelete