Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Wolf Man Review

As you all know, I am a big fan of classic monster movies. I like Frankenstein, Dracula, Godzilla, you name it. So when I heard they were making a remake of the 1941 Wolfman film, I was a bit concerned. I thought the people making the film would be overwhelmed by the CGI and the acting would be vague. But I was proven wrong by this film, because in my opinion, this film surpasses the 1941 film in many ways.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the 1941 film, but his film adds a whole new look to it. It’s bloody, vicious, and horrifying in some scenes. I was surprised I was able to keep my food down while I was watching this film. The werewolf transformation in this film is also something to talk about. The dull, fading effect done in the previous film has been replaced by a unique growing, CGI effect. I also liked the acting in this film. Benicio del Toro was perfect as Talbot, and the resemblance between him and Lon Chaney Jr. is remarkable. I also like Anthony Hopkins in this film, as well as the woman who portrayed Talbot’s girlfriend.

The action scenes in this film were very prudent, and the use of computer effects as I noticed was becoming obsolete. I really like the way the Wolfman attacks his enemies in this film, because it really reflects that he is unable to control his abilities and that he is a monster. I was also shocked by the ending of this film, because I was not expecting it to occur. Overall, it’s a good film, and needs to be taken seriously. I really enjoyed it and even though it was far different than the 41 film, it has a style that I really liked. If you want a film that has a lot of action as well as horror and mystery, this is the film for you. Twilight can go eat an ant sandwich, this is the ultimate werewolf film! 

Now, if they would make a remake of Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, that would be the best thing since sliced bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment