Thursday, May 19, 2011

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Review



X-Men Origins: Wolverine isn't your average run of the mill superhero film, in my humble opinion, it is a film that strays far beyond action and excitement, clearly setting up the events that would follow in the mainstream film trilogy. So, what can I say about this new prequel to the epic X-Men saga. It was pretty darn cool! A lot of people are complaining about this film, saying it was too complex and didn’t seem like a hard core X-Men movie, but in my opinion, it surpasses the so called “flat” X-Men: The Last Stand, and sets up the groundwork for the other X-Men films.
Hugh Jackman does an excellent job as Logan, aptly name, Wolverine, who has the ability to wield bone claws from his wrists, as well as heal himself after being injured. After his half-brother, Victor Creed aka Sabretooth beats him and kills his girlfriend, Silverfox, Logan voluteers to have adamantium bonded to his skeleton, giving him his trademark metal claws. Now what can I say about the action scenes in this film. They were cool as well. The battle with Wolverine and Gambit was brilliant, displaying the Gambit we all know and love from the comics. Another battle I really like is the battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth. I love the emotion and the anger they display, on a count of Sabretooth doing all these terrible things to Wolverine. 

So after talking about all of these good things in the film, you probably think I am going to swamp Deadpool. Well, I’m not. To be honest, I am not a big Deadpool fan, and I don’t mean to kick a dead horse, but he really doesn’t appeal to me that much. But in the film, he was pretty cool. How he whips them swords all over the place, cutting bullets in half and doing groundbreaking stunts, it was awesome. And when they turn him into Weapon XI, he was okay. I like the idea of him having all of these powers, like Wolverine’s healing factor and Cyclops’ beams, but I really wasn’t a fan of his mouth being sewn shut or two swords coming out of his hands. Every fan knows that Deadpool likes to cock off and make jokes, so how is he able to do that with his mouth sewn shut. But he was okay, and my theory is that he is a clone of the real Deadpool, and the two Deadpools will come face to face in the Deadpool spin-off.

 


So overall, it was a great film, and I highly recommend it to any Wolverine fan. And this is also one of them films that you want to stick around for after the credits. Also, there is a cameo of someone from the first three X-Men films, but I will not spoil it for anyone who has not seen the movie. So I hope you have enjoyed my review of this film, and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment