Friday, May 13, 2011

Top Ten Movie Monsters of All Time

Here it is, my Top Ten Monsters of All Time. Before I start this review, I want to thank everyone who has been saying positive things about my blog, and thanking me for writing in it. I really appreciate it and thank everyone who is supporting me. I don’t do it for me, I do it for you guys. I care for all of you, even if some of you are stubborn. So here it is, I hope you enjoy.

10. Gamera


This turtle is one you dont’ wanna mess with. With sharp claws and razer sharp teeth, Gamera is vicious and remains a great movie monster icon to this date. And he won’t let anyone get in his way, with his great jetpack feet.

9. Son of Kong


Like his father, Son of Kong is brutal, potent and has a lovely sense of humor for the woman. Appearing in Son of Kong one year after the original 1933 King Kong was released, Son of Kong didn’t let any monster hurt the girl, not even a T-Rex. Roarrrrrrr! Though not as popular as King Kong himself, Son of Kong was still kick butt, and is overprotective when it comes to girls.

8. Frankenstein’s Monster


Okay, so he topped my Top 10 Literature Villains List, but I am not the biggest fan of this monster. He is nothing like he was in Mary Shelley’s original novel, displaying rather doppy and idiotic accurences. But hey, I still like him. Though being stupid, he has a great sense of humor and resides at Number 8 on my list.

7. The Creature From the Black Lagoon


This is one monster you don’t wanna mess with. With scales and webbed hands, this creature will surely put you out of your misery. Kidnapping woman, the creature displays a great act of terror, and had everyone clinged to their seats back in 1954.

6. The Mummy


Played by the same man who played Frankenstein’s Monster, Boris Karloff, the Mummy was surely a scary addition to the horror library. Named Imhotep, the mummy was murderous and killed many people as a result. He also had quite an act for trying to bring people back from the dead. Though not on most people’s list, the Mummy is a great movie monster.

5. The Kraken


Straight from Clash of the Titans, the Kraken is surely a challenge for the young titan himself, Perseus. In a deadly battle, we see how strong the Kraken is. Even though he appears nothing like he did in greek mythology, the Kraken was awesome, but was brought down by the head of Medusa, turning him to stone.

4. Mothra


A friend and once enemy to Godzilla, Mothra was pretty kick butt. With the ability to shoot acid from her wings and pack a painful bite, Mothra was a great challenge for Godzilla, but the two settled differences and became a team. To this day, Mothra remains one of Godzilla’s greatest foes of all time.

3. The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park


These vicious reptiles will not let any human get in the way. They will take them down, tear them apart, just as they did in Spielberg’s epic motion picture. But it’s just so amazing how he is able to bring the dinosaurs back from the dead. With a little help from a computer and some animatronics, they were able to have men fight these things as if they were real. They are so amazing and I just had to put them on my list.

2. Godzilla


Run! Run for your life! It’s the big guy himself, Godzilla! Straight from the Japanese picture, Godzilla is a great movie monster. With the ability to shoot lasers from his eyes and shoot fire from his mouth, Godzilla was legendary, and really inspired many movies of dinosaurs that would come years after. And if you want good Godzilla, get the old Godzilla films, and not the Godzilla with Matthew Broderick. It’s much better in stop motion.

And Number One Is…..
1. King Kong


With a giant body and hands of steal, King Kong is top dog when it comes to movie monsters. I personally love the old 1933 King Kong film, but the 2005 film is not that bad. I just love how the effects of King Kong in the 33 version really stand out, and make everything look as if it were happening in real like. As the inspiration to Son of Kong, Mighty Joe Young, and off course, Donkey Kong, King Kong is just brilliant, and tops my list at Number One.
Well, there you have it folks. I hope you enjoyed and I will be back soon with more entries. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment