Thursday, May 19, 2011

Temple of Death - A Custom Board Game

A couple of years back, a friend and I designed a board game that I would like to share with you. It’s called Temple of Death, and it’s a fun, challenging, and simple game that I personally enjoy playing. The game was slightly based off Indiana Jones, as well as another board game I had as a child, Risk. Here is how it works.

There are four players in this game, Jungle Jack, Safari Sam, Archaeology Arthur and Museum Moe. The object of the game is to make it around the board to get the ancient treasure on the other side. The hard part is that there are several obstacles around the board, such as booby traps that sends the player back to the starting point, and places where the player must go back a turn. However, there are points where a person can excel two places, as well as retrieve several ancient heirlooms. And I got to tell you, as much as I enjoy playing it, there are several part that can make you foam at the mouth. It’s tedious and fun at the same time.

We also made other board games as a child. One game was even based off of the danger room from X-Men. I don’t know where that is, but if I am to find it, I will share that as well. Anyway, Temple of Death is perhaps my greatest invention, and I plan to torture my friends with it’s wrath of fun for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment